ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian owned company. Bayshore HealthCare is proud to showcase its achievement as a Platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Program every year since 2006. In 2015, Bayshore achieved the designation for Best Practice Spotlight Organization from the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
The Bayshore brands extend across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services, plus therapy and rehab services), Bayshore Home Care Solutions (home care services for government care programs), and Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patients support services).
Additional information on Bayshore HealthCare can be found on their website at www.bayshore.ca.
HOW TO APPLY
For the Director, DEIA (Mississauga) role please send resumes to email@example.com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Director of DEIA is accountable for setting the strategic direction for Bayshore’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility agenda to ensure a) the right talent everywhere in the company (b) to be a leader in in DEIA within the HealthCare sector, which is aligned to our vision of being the difference in the lives of those we care for, work with and the communities we serve.
Driving an inclusion mindset through the development and design of frameworks, processes and tools and programs that:
- Strengthen leadership accountability for building robust and diverse talent pipeline
- Build leadership and people manager acumen in cultural competence and inclusive leadership capability – launch cultural competency workshop across Bayshore in collaboration with the clinical team
- Identify integration points to embed diversity, inclusion and accessibility goals and objectives in all aspects of talent management practice
- Identify and implement Indigenous Annual Leadership Training Module to ensure our leaders understand the unique lived experience of Indigenous Peoples in Canada and are able to provide optimal care for our Indigenous clients and their families
- In collaboration with the Talent Acquisition Team, enhance Bayshore’s diversity profile in the different communities we operate
Design the framework for effective co-development of talent and diversity strategies and actions plans with HR BP’s and leaders across Bayshore, based on the outcomes of the DEIA survey and focus group insights and aligned with Bayshore’s goals and priorities:
- Design and implement DEIA executive dashboard
- Support businesses in the implementation of Employee Resource Groups and other grass root efforts
Governance and Sustainment
- Maintain strategic plan to address gaps in diversity workforce representation at company level
- Mitigate risk from individual employee situations by collaborating with Employee Relations and HR BPs to address and resolve issues
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Master’s degree in related discipline (business, equity studies, human resources) or Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- Bilingual (French/English) would be an asset
- 5+ years of senior DEIA leadership experience
- In-depth knowledge/experience with DEIA best practices
- Good relationship management capability and skill at collaborating
- Proven, progressive experience leading DEIA initiatives and programs
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with all levels of the organization
- Excellent project management and change management skills
- Ability to provide clear actionable reporting to all stakeholders
- Strong, operational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Possess strong knowledge of diversity metrics and analytics
- Be a team player with the ability to manage multiple projects/multi-sites
- Visionary leadership
- Business Acumen
- Subject Matter Expert
- Analytical Intelligence
- High EQ