Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian owned company. Bayshore HealthCare is proud to showcase its achievement as a Platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Program every year since 2006. In 2015, Bayshore achieved the designation for Best Practice Spotlight Organization from the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
The Bayshore brands extend across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services, plus therapy and rehab services), Bayshore Home Care Solutions (home care services for government care programs), and Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patients support services).
Additional information on Bayshore HealthCare can be found on their website at www.bayshore.ca.
HOW TO APPLY
For the Managing Director (Mississauga) role please send resumes to email@example.com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Develop, support and monitor implementation of business objectives aligned with the organizational strategic plan;
- Contribute to interfacing with customers, regulators and other key stakeholders to develop business opportunities, review and address operational issues;
- Contribute to Bayshore’s position vis-à-vis relationships with government, regulators and on industry association boards;
- Develop and implement an efficient and effective care delivery model that is consistent across the businesses;
- Identify and drive efficiencies with care and consistency, allowing for local leader autonomy and in a manner that provides customers with the best possible care;
- Work with clinical leadership to ensure the quality of care exceeds regulatory standards and is consistently in the top quartile of the industry;
- Drive the highest levels of customer service by identifying and implementing customer centric best practices;
- Develop and lead a team of Regional and Area Directors who care deeply about their communities and have a sense of pride and ownership over their respective businesses;
- Leverage data and analytics resources to develop new insights into the business, inform strategy and drive improvement initiatives;
- Instill creative thinking and behavior at all levels of the organization to constantly seek ways to improve services and to challenge the status quo
- Inspire passionate leaders to join and build their careers with Bayshore;
- Develop existing leaders, preparing them for more senior roles so that they can leverage their experience further;
- Align the leadership team in leveraging value-added opportunities and steward the distribution of resources to ensure maximum benefit;
- Focus and motivate the workforce to create a great customer experience;
- Offer consistent and meaningful leadership to the Regional and Area Directors, with clear performance expectations and targets, regular coaching and feedback and opportunities for career progression;
- Model critical thinking skills, problem-solving behaviors, advocacy and a “can do” mentality to achieve a high-performance team environment;
- Identify skills and/or knowledge gaps relative to management and field needs, including maintenance of succession planning for key roles;
- Form and implement engagement and retention strategies that will empower staff to deliver their best work;
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team to ensure productive and professional relationships;
- Support the Health & Safety team to reduce injuries and encourage an early and safe return to work.
- Build and maintain professional partnerships with internal business partners and support teams, customers and other stakeholders that are characterized by shared responsibility and success, open communication and transparency;
- Ensure the organization is positioned to achieve and maintain the highest level of industry accreditations;
- Develop and implement key improvement plans ensuring customer satisfaction levels remain high and best in class;
- Develop a comprehensive, coordinated continuous quality management and risk management program to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality of care and services;
- Standardize systems, processes and clinical practices to enable quality service excellence and a reliable customer experience across all locations;
- Use metrics/dashboards to guide and monitor progress;
- Keep abreast of industry developments through environmental scanning and monitoring trends;
- Ensure the business unit is compliant with legislative requirements.
As a member of the Bayshore leadership team, you will provide sound business counsel on strategic initiatives, facilitate and participate in healthy debate on important strategic and tactical business decisions, and contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic plan and direction (including setting budget and growth targets and reviewing/meeting operational performance and quality metrics).
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership/management experience at the senior/executive level
- A strong track record of success in increasingly senior operations roles in a service-based business known for strong customer service practices
- Knowledge of long-term care/health care services would be ideal
- Experience in operational planning, development and evaluation, with the ability to articulate long-term strategy and goals, and lead a team to execute those strategies to achieve the end goal;
- Proven analytical, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills with the ability to operate at a strategic level to develop and achieve shared goals and organizational objectives
- Experience maintaining a union-free environment
- Knowledge of quality and risk management practices with a demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- A collaborative style that enables the leader to work well with people at all levels of an organization;
- A humble/servant leader who is, at the same time, inspiring and compelling;
- Able to encourage high performance from individuals including those outside direct line authority through influence and collaboration;
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and engage a large workforce to provide a consistent customer experience across many locations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a results-oriented management style;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and ability to recognize and respond to changing industry trends and priorities;
- Post-secondary degree in relevant field; preference will be given to candidates possessing Master’s degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration;