Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian owned company. Bayshore HealthCare is proud to showcase its achievement as a Platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Program every year since 2006. In 2015, Bayshore achieved the designation for Best Practice Spotlight Organization from the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
The Bayshore brands extend across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services, plus therapy and rehab services), Bayshore Home Care Solutions (home care services for government care programs), and Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patients support services).
Additional information on Bayshore HealthCare can be found on their website at www.bayshore.ca.
HOW TO APPLY
For the National Director, Operations Development & Business Systems Transformation (Mississauga) role please send resumes to email@example.com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The National Director, Operations Development and Business System Transformation, under the direction of the Managing Director of the Government Home Care Division, oversees the transformation and ongoing curation of Bayshore Home Care Solutions business systems. The role, working in partnership with Bayshore Information Technology will be responsible for business systems selection, innovation, continuous improvement and change management. The National director will drive a transformation agenda that includes a dedicated focus on growth and efficiency across the client servicing journey. Looking to the future of healthcare, the incumbent will be responsible to modernize business systems and process to deliver scalable, digital experiences that are seamless and paperless. This is a critical position within senior leadership team, to support ambitious growth and quality objectives. They will provide guidance to front line leaders with respect to driving operational efficiency, innovation and client and employee advocacy. They provide partnership, expertise, and guidance to the leadership teams of government, IT, and digital teams regarding business systems transformation and continual improvement with the goals to meeting or exceeding anticipated sales and profit goals, human resource management, strategic planning and continued growth, problem resolution and company advocacy. The incumbent will work in partnership with other Bayshore divisions to ensure opportunities for collaboration, co-development and efficiency can be identified and leveraged.
- Develop and lead a major digital transformation agenda to support the evolving needs of the clients and government funders, with a specific focus on performance enablement.
- Lead the Operations Development, Business Systems and Change Management strategy to create solutions that are aligned with the Government homecare strategic roadmap, and that add value for Bayshore, our clients, our customers, and our colleagues.
- Define and lead a team of resources focused on business system implementation and change management.
- Oversee various large-scale projects and complex mandates that have a major impact on the division’s profitability, efficiency, and business operations.
- Identify and develop more efficient and economical strategies and processes across the branch
- Identify synergies across processes and partners for initiatives within the organization (Operations, IT, Human Resources, Government Relations)
- Work in partnership with government relations, branch leadership and operations to respond to customer (government) requirements and special projects. This includes presenting to external entities including, but not limited to: Provincial Ministries of Health, Ontario Health, Ontario Health Teams, Alberta Health Services, Provincial Home Care leadership, etc.
- Lead cross functional teams made up of team members from across the organization.
- Work collaboratively with Information Technology and Digital Teams to define requirements, select technology solutions, develop business cases.
- Lead relationships with vendors and suppliers, in many cases in partnership with IT
The incumbent will facilitate, and support, identified projects and introduce new systems and operational initiatives with an aim of driving branch revenue growth, operational efficiencies, employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and client wellbeing / care. This position will also oversee acquisitions on behalf of operations and be actively involved in opening of new branches, branch mergers and branch closures. Primary day to day responsibilities includes:
- Leads a small and highly specialized team, providing direction and inspiration throughout the change journey.
- Works in collaboration with functional leaders across the organization to drive a complex change agenda with optimized disruption in the field.
- The government home care is the largest division at Bayshore with over 10,000 employees – a key differentiator for Bayshore is continuity and quality of care. The incumbent is responsible to ensure the workforce has the tools and operational processes required to ensure this differentiator is continually enhanced along with the other goals of growth, operational excellence, colleague satisfaction, customer satisfaction, and client wellbeing. Meeting this expectation requires collaborating with functional groups such as Clinical, HR, Shared Services, IT, Digital Services, and other Divisions within Bayshore Healthcare
- Deliver initiatives that improve workforce productivity and quality of work.
- Ensuring that all impacted by change receive sufficient time and skills training to deliver on their role mandates.
Efficiency and Digitization
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and evolve systems and processes that optimize growth, productivity, cost savings, metrics and performance targets that may contribute to the long-term strategic plans.
- Support our highly customized branches while identifying opportunities for sharing and spreading solutions across branches when applicable.
- Identify opportunities to simplify and accelerate client on-boarding and servicing through process re-engineering and end to end journey digitization.
- Identify highest value automation opportunities, aimed at reducing repetitive manual processes that are incumbering field branches.
- Implement best practices to optimize branch workflow based on branch and community need.
- Stay ahead of trends in healthcare, healthcare technology, emerging healthcare business models and identify opportunities for Bayshore Home Care Solutions and the broader Bayshore Healthcare organization.
- Instill a sense of pride in Bayshore Healthcare professionals that they are working with best in class solutions that are evolved based on emerging technology to best serve clients, customers, and colleagues.
Transformation and Data Driven Decisioning
- In collaboration with line leadership and Shared services, oversee the development of data validation routines to ensure completeness of client reporting and billing.
- Lead the change management coming from project initiatives and new service offerings.
- Partner with front line leadership on co-creation and adoption
- Collaborate with Area Directors to develop, implement and evaluate operation and business development plans to achieve desired goals and objectives; monitor progress and provide leadership in modifying business strategies such that objectives can be realized to the greatest extent possible
- Lead business systems solution development and evolution as it pertains to program development and new lines of business in collaboration with branch leadership and National Support Centre resources as well as other Bayshore divisions.
Change Management and Implementation Support
- Lead a major business system transformation over the next three years working closely with key stakeholders to ensure business needs and user experience is
- In collaboration with the National Service Centre, ensure appropriate participation with relevant industry and healthcare technology associations, committees, or boards to ensure Bayshore is seen as a strong community partner and to ensure ongoing intelligence regarding industry and government
- Embrace change, build structure, and communicate to inspire and motivate action, within a context where priorities may
- Ensure business systems and processes meet compliance requirements.
- Identify risk in business systems and processes as compliance and regulatory frameworks evolve.
Business Development and Strategic Planning
- In partnership with IT and the Digital, lead the strategic planning process for the
- Deep knowledge of business drivers and KPI’s provide insight in areas of operational efficiency and opportunities for
- Continuously run financial scenario models with finance and partners with the Area Directors to generate revenue
- Building relationships across divisions
- Building relationships across functions including Information Technology, Digital Innovation, and other support functions such as Human Resources
- Building relationships with Area Directors and Operation Team members
Education – Undergraduate degree in information systems, healthcare, science, finance, or equivalent, is required.
A minimum of 10 years related Health Care or transferable management experience in a complex multi-site, distributed network. Successful track record in leading transformation, including digitizing business processes, business planning and implementation, strategic planning, financial analysis, innovation, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement. Proven ability to lead and motivate teams and inspire individuals towards continuous improvement and the drive to achieve excellence.
- Transformational Leadership
- High Growth Mindset
- Hire and Develop the Best
- Business/Financial Acumen
- Troubleshooter/Problem Solver
- Continuous Improvement Methodologies
- Analytical Intelligence
- Digital Change/Automation
- Business Development
- Evidence Based Decision Making
- Customer Journey Mapping
- Resource Allocation
- Learn and Be Curious
- Drive Process
- Improvement Project Management
- Critical Thinking
- Build/Earn Trust
- Technology Expertise
- High EQ