Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian owned company. Bayshore HealthCare is proud to showcase its achievement as a Platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Program every year since 2006. In 2015, Bayshore achieved the designation for Best Practice Spotlight Organization from the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
The Bayshore brands extend across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services, plus therapy and rehab services), Bayshore Home Care Solutions (home care services for government care programs), and Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patients support services).
Additional information on Bayshore HealthCare can be found on their website at www.bayshore.ca.
HOW TO APPLY
For the Regional Director, Operations (Mississauga) role please send resumes to email@example.com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Regional Director of Operations, under the direction of the Managing Director, oversees Area Directors and the overall operations of Branches and Clinics in their Region, to ensure ongoing client care quality, growth, effectiveness, and efficiency as Independent Business Units. In addition, the Regional Director will work with Area Directors to ensure that Bayshore HCS Branches and Clinics remain choice employers for all employees. She/he provides guidance to Area Directors with respect to sales and profit goals, succession planning and colleague development, operational and strategic planning, problem resolution and company promotion. The Regional Director of Operations, in partnership with Area Directors, will identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation and will actively promote, lead and champion projects and operational initiatives with an aim to driving branch growth, operational excellence, colleague engagement, and client satisfaction. In the case of Enterprise and Divisional initiatives, the Regional Director of Operations will be actively engaged in the identification of branch impact, divisional roll-out & communication strategies and will champion the execution at Branch / Clinic level in partnership with the Operations Team. Enterprise projects may be initiated by a variety of National Support Centre teams, including, Human Resources, Information Technology, Digital Transformation, Health and Safety, Finance, and other Shared Services, etc. This position serves as a member of Bayshore Home Care Solutions Senior Management Team and provides input and strategic support with respect to the development of new operating locations and closure of current locations.
- Always ensure that the leadership shadow the Regional Director casts promotes the mission, vision, and values of Bayshore.
- Oversee the development of branch operating strategies, in partnership with Area Directors, to achieve short- and long-term goals for growth, operational excellence, client and funder satisfaction, as well as employee engagement and retention
- Collaborate with Area Directors to develop, implement, evaluate, and refine plans to achieve desired goals and objectives; monitor progress and provide leadership in modifying business strategies such that objectives can be realized to the greatest extent possible.
DIVISION STRATEGY & STRATEGY FORMULATION, PLANNING & DELIVERY
- Take an active role in the development of the division’s strategy and support local, regional, and national discussions as required.
- Under the Direction of the Managing Director, oversees Area Directors
- Provide leadership to the branch offices in conjunction with the NSC teams including Human Resources, Clinical, Quality, Finance and Legal teams to ensure branch/clinics compliance to all applicable laws, regulations and BHCS policies and procedures.
- Identify, prioritize, champion, and lead branch level continuous improvement and innovation initiatives
- Support Areas Directors and Branch teams to pilot opportunities and help Area Directors identify and monitor success criteria.
- Regional Directors are then responsible for celebrating successes as well as failures, recognizing the opportunities to scale initiatives as well as the opportunities to learn
- Regional Directors will engage with the Operations Team, as appropriate, to support the implementation, and / or scaling, of the initiatives
- Continually evaluate business practices, methods and strategies to improve
- Actively coach and mentor Area Directors to continually improve their business management and leadership skills
- Promote active employee engagement at the branch level to ensure that the voice of our colleagues is heard and responded to in a timely manner
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Identify and champion opportunities for business growth in new areas, including recommending locations for new Branch Offices and Clinics, programs, or new lines of business within BHCS or within the broader Bayshore organization
- Identify Branches/Clinics at risk and support Area Directors to define and execute on the path to recovery. If recovery is not possible, work with the Senior Management Team to determine next steps
POLICIES, SYSTEMS, PROCESSES & PROCEDURES
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that administrative responsibilities of the Branch Offices are completed in a thorough and timely manner; assist Area Directors to resolve administrative problems and develop interventions to eliminate recurrence
- Ensure directives arising from meetings are acted upon in a timely manner.
QUALITY, HEALTH & SAFETY CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Proactively participates in Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns
- Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel or if required by law
- Participate in relevant government working tables / committees, industry associations / committees, and Boards as required, demonstrating Bayshore’s strong community commitment and commitment to our patients and their families
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Act as an enterprise level sponsor and driver of organizational change
- Help and direct the management of change through continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account global best practices and industry trend
- Building relationships across divisions
- Building relationships across functions including Information Technology, Digital Innovation, and other support functions such as Human Resources
- Building relationships with Area Directors and Operation Team members
Education – BSc. or BA in health related discipline, or with equivalent experience, MBA is preferred
Bringing over 10+ years of relevant experience, the Regional Manager is a hands on leader, able to manage key stakeholder relationships. The successful candidate brings a minimum of 10 years healthcare related management or transferable management experience in a complex multi-site, distributed network, health related environment. Successful track record in business planning and implementation, strategic planning, financial analysis, human resource management, quality assurance, continuous improvement and business innovation. Proven ability leading high performance teams and influencing and inspiring individuals to achieve their best.
- 10 Years of transformational executive leadership experience in operations in healthcare or experience in a complex multi-site distributed network
- A strong track record of success in senior operations roles in a service based business known for strong customer service practices
- Track record in leading transformation, including business processes, strategic planning and implementation, financial analysis, innovation, quality assurance and CI
- Experience in operational planning, development and evaluation
- Proven analytical, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills with the ability to operate at a strategic level to develop and achieve shared goals and organizational objectives
- Knowledge of risk management with a commitment to long term quality improvement
- A collaborative style that enables the leader to work well with people at all levels
- A humble leader who is, at the same time, engaging and dynamic
- Able to encourage high performance from individuals including those outside direct line authority through influence, collaboration and high EQ
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and engage a large workforce to provide a consistent customer experience across many locations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to recognize and respond to changing industry trends and digitization
- Knowledge of long-term care/health care services would be ideal
- Experience maintaining a union-free environment
- Transformation Leadership
- Strategic Impact
- Influencing People
- Team Leadership
- Business/Financial Acumen
- Improvement Project Management
- Strategic/Analytical Intelligence
- Spearhead Change Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Digital Change/Automation
- Business Development
- Product Execution
- Stakeholder Management
- Client Journey Mapping
- Voice of the Customer
- Evidence Based Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- High EQ