Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian owned company. Bayshore HealthCare is proud to showcase its achievement as a Platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Program every year since 2006. In 2015, Bayshore achieved the designation for Best Practice Spotlight Organization from the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
The Bayshore brands extend across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services, plus therapy and rehab services), Bayshore Home Care Solutions (home care services for government care programs), and Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patients support services).
Additional information on Bayshore HealthCare can be found on their website at www.bayshore.ca.
HOW TO APPLY
For the Senior Manager of Operations, (TCU) – Kingston role please send resumes to email@example.com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Build and strengthen relationships between hospital partners, retirement home partners and Integrated Care Solutions. The Senior Manager will work with internal partners to ensure staff have the necessary resources to support patient care. In addition, the Senior Manager will support the overall operations of the Transitional Care Programs under the direction of the Regional Director.
- Supervise and support Transitional Care Unit Managers to ensure compliance with all federal and provincial legislated standards of practice as well as company policies and procedures.
- Oversee and assist Transitional Care Unit Managers with the integration of client satisfaction initiatives as well as ensure that key performance indicators are collected, reviewed and actioned on at least a quarterly basis.
- Run and review reports to ensure compliance with data quality standards and key performance indicators.
- Ensure that all referred client concerns and complaints are satisfactorily addressed and documented in a timely manner.
- Liaise with hospitals, funders or Government programs as required.
- Liaise with Provincial regulating bodies as as required.
- Oversee and assist with human resources with respect to recruitment and selection, orientation and training, discipline and the probationary/annual performance review of Transitional Care Unit Managers.
- Liaise with Regional Director and Clinical Quality to develop, interpret and implement relevant policies and procedures.
- Lead and assist with the implementation of Modified Work Programs for Transitional Care Unit Managers, as required.
- Participate in business development as appropriate; assist with the development of contractual agreements for client care and services as required.
- Participate in strategic planning and market analysis to achieve growth goals.
- Collaborate with Director, Community Partnerships and/or Director, Integrated Care Solutions on key and shared accounts.
- Attend and participate in sales, operational or external meetings as requested.
- Cross train staff to cover absences, as needed
- Promote Bayshore Integrated Care Solutions through participation in local healthcare or business committees as well as community events.
- Oversee the On-Call Manager Program and serve as the on-call manager as required.
- Serve as the Transitional Care Unit Manager as required.
- Ensures the clinical operations for all Transitional Care Programs are in compliance with Bayshore’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties and is responsible to report on immediate Supervisor of any health & safety risks or Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
- Demonstrate solid performance or exceed performance standards in key job dimensions/attributes as defined on the Performance Appraisal Form.
- Exemplifies characteristics of Bayshore Integrated Care Solutions: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Current license in good standing as a Registered Nurse in province of practice.
- Graduate of an accredited and approved program.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in health care, preferably hospital, retirement or long-term care settings.
- Completed Continuing Education Requirements (CEUs) as required by regulation.
- Demonstrated record of successfully building and maintaining relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Canadian health care system including OHIP, insurance & private pay.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, patient care best practices and infection prevention and control.
- Previous discharge planning experience.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of business office technologies: PC/laptop w Microsoft Office applications, smartphone, website/ internet,
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English
- Union experience is an asset
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Overview of ALC Program & Metrics
- Data Analytics